University Heights Community Center

UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS COMMUNITY CENTER

A former school constructed in 1902, University Heights Community Center serves as a vital gathering place that still provides educational opportunities to the community. The structure and grounds were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010. Johnson Oaklief Architecture & Planning has been involved in many facets of ongoing work ranging from site access, accessibility upgrades and Capital Needs Assessment. Our challenge has been to provide guidance that will allow the center continue its relevancy, programmatically and physically, while upgrading the facility towards current standards. All work has been within the confines of historic listing controls. 

Using Format